“Infuse your life with action. Don’t wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen… yourself, right now, right down here on Earth.”
You know how having the right mindset when setting your goals is important and can make or break your progress. Most people do not know about this and when they do, they feel empowered and ready to take over. When it comes to acquiring knowledge, we tend to take that knowledge and just feel smarter.
Do you know the saying “knowledge is power”?
Such a saying is how people approach their growth and education.
The more knowledge you know, the more success you will achieve, right? Wrong.
Knowledge is power WHEN you implement that knowledge. When you keep learning and acquiring knowledge without implementing what you already learned, you are in this rabbit hole called information overload. When you do that, you don’t get anywhere in life and all you have to show for your knowledge-seeking is overwhelm and doubt that this information doesn’t work. Of course, it doesn’t … you never tried it!
With that being said, most people will learn the mindset shift and either wonder what’s next or keep digging into more information and never truly grow. Here’s the thing:
If you have the mindset on point but do not do anything, you will not see the results that you clarified in your mind for achieving your goals.
Actions speak louder than words. You can learn all the information in the world but if you don’t implement any of it, you’re not going to progress in life much.
After you learn how to shift your mindset for success in your life, you have to implement certain behaviors that compliment and help you implement the shift as easily as possible.
The Three Behaviors
The first behavior is to have a morning routine.
- To get yourself into an optimal state physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally so that you can make the best version of yourself into your day, which affects every goal that you’re working towards.
- Showing up every day begins with how you start your day.
The second behavior is to create and acknowledge your pre-determined process.
- Every result, goal, or outcome that you want in your life is predetermined by a process that produces that result.
- Example: If you want to lose weight, that is predetermined by a process of exercising for 15 minutes a day.
- You have clarity on your goal. What’s the process that will make achieving that goal possible or probable?
- Your process is essentially your daily habits, actions, and rituals that will ensure that you will move towards your goals.
- You are in control of the process, not the outcome. Commit and become process-oriented.
- Consider The Law of Averages – if you engage in your process day in and day out consistently, the averages will work themselves out. You will have good days, bad days, and average days, but over an extended period of time, it always works out and you average out to achieve your goals.
- When you commit to the process without being emotionally attached to the results, you free yourself emotionally to engage in your process and show up with joy and enjoy every moment. Did you enjoy the process of working on your goals? Life is an adventure. It’s a journey, so you might as well enjoy it. You only get one shot.
The third and final behavior to implement is to initiate a support system.
- Some examples of a support system are, but not limited to, an online community, a mastermind, a friend, a family member, etc.
- An accountability partner or partners to hold you accountable and support you to achieve your goals.
- You can also be your own support system. Ask yourself evaluating questions and hold yourself accountable for the necessary things you need to do to achieve your goals.
- There are benefits from having a support system, such as encouragement, accountability, and perspective.
- Encouragement – when we doubt ourselves, sometimes we have to believe in the belief that other people have in us.
- Accountability – having someone else holding us accountable can be a difference between constantly letting ourselves off the hook and leveraging our integrity and following through.
- Perspective – having someone else to provide guidance and advice. When you are in the middle of your challenges, it can be hard to see things clearly especially potential solutions because you are emotionally inside the challenge.
It takes so much more to create a successful life than just learning new things. You have to implement the right behaviors as well, the behaviors that the highly successful use in their life.
If the highly successful does it, what’s your excuse?
Most people learn new things but keep the old behaviors. That’s the true definition of insanity and doing that just cancels each other. Learn to shift your mind and your behaviors and you’ll be on track to creating the life you never thought was possible for you. Believe that.
In addition to the content presented to you today, I would like to add something else to help you on your journey. A very important factor to creating your best life and setting the right goals to achieve that outcome is to know which areas in your life will get you there. The highly successful did not get to where they are by focusing on one or two areas of their lives; they focused on more than that.
A successful life is not a life full of material achievements; it’s about living a life of alignment and balance. The material achievements are just a bonus.
To create your best life, you need to commit to living world-class. Don’t commit to improving one area of your life, commit to all areas of your life. There’s no time for neglecting anything because it’s not as important as the other. I have created a free guide that goes over, in detail, the areas of life you should be focusing on and how to create the right goals in these areas.
Take care and always remember you are one decision away from your birthright. Learn it, embrace it, and harness the power within.